We Make it as Easy as Possible!
Your commitment could vary from a single school day to a weekly visit of one hour each for five to 10 weeks. It all depends on the grade level of the program you choose. You can choose your classroom based on a number of factors. We're flexible!
Next, you'll be contacted by your local JA office to set up a training and receive your classroom materials. Or simply find out which JA office is nearest you and contact them directly.
Before your first presentation, it is important to schedule a meeting with the teacher to review each session's overview and objectives, and inquire about the students' general abilities. If possible, meet a few minutes before students arrive to avoid interrupting the class. Once class begins, schedule sufficient time to observe the interaction between the students and teacher.
Although you have the primary responsibility for the program's presentation, the teacher's involvement is crucial to its success. Below is a checklist to help streamline your visit.
Ask the teacher to:
- Provide you with a school calendar to avoid potential conflicts with your session schedule. Be sure to exchange contact information to communicate any schedule changes.
- Offer suggestions for classroom management and how best to deliver the sessions to the class.
- Assist with any accommodations required for special-needs students.
- Help you acquire any necessary technological equipment.
- Provide feedback to help you communicate effectively with the class.
- Review or introduce concepts to prepare the students for your visits.
-Stay in the classroom at all times during your presentations to assist you and the students.